I am calling out to all 5 of my blogging friends.. I need a little help with a request from Jordan. Yesterday in his email he asked for some music and a portable cd player. He wanted "soft" music such as Enya. I am going to get some mixes together and need your advice on artists that would be good to send to him. I am thinking along the lines of Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, The October Project, Josh Grobin, etc...I am really debating and will probably push the limits on a few choice others; however, I feel that music can be a great distraction when needed and can also stimulate emotion and spirituality. And to be quite frank, he has devoted 2 years of his life to serving God and the human race and deserves a little fun while in the labors of Costa Rica. Any suggestions would help tremendously!
Car Shopping Fun
8 years ago
17 comments:
You asked for my advice....
I don't think that any of that is permissible. Head on over to Deseret Book and probably anything they sell there would work. Am I a major bummer? SORRY!
I'll ask Adam what he used to listen to. I know they weren't allowed things with words in them (besides EFY cds - which he LOVED and still loves today). I know he also really liked movie soundtracks without words (ie: the Braveheart Soundtrack, Shawshank Redemption, etc.) I think he *might* have been able to listen to musicals at some point as well (or maybe that was the other Adam) - so I sent him Cats, Phantom, etc.
I'll ask and find out!
Jake could only have the Mormon Tab. Choir on his mission....but perhaps each mission is different.
I will ask Chris, I know that he could only "Church Approved" music. We sent him a lot of different Church CDS. Octapella is great. I also have some that don't even sound like your typical church music and they are good good chruch songs. Let me know if you want any of them.
How about some James Taylor??
I'm sorry but he is so stinkin' cute! Josh Grobin is a great idea! As long as it is uplifting music, it is fine :)
HOLY COW EMILY! I was blog surfing and I ended up on Amanda's blog and saw a comment left by Emily Marshall and thought "I used to work with an Emily that would be cool if it were her" and lo and behold it is but I am dying that Jordan is old enough to be on a mission! When you knew me I only had Landen and Seth well now I have 3 more and they are all boys. Garrett and Jake used to tease me about boys and that is all I know... anyway I am glad that I stumbled across your blog. What a cute little missionary you have. Oh, Steve used to listen to Phantom of the Opera and Le Mis on his mission, hope that helps!
I thought Jord was leaving the 25th? Did they change his date? When are you guys going to know?! That's not fair for them to keep you in limbo!
Update! I miss your posts.
I would ask you for an update.. however, I am afraid you may post a picture of ME in a swimsuit.. so I will just PATIENTLY wait.....
Ginny Owens is a christian singer and one song sounds like it was MEANT for Mormon Missionaries I SWEAR! A lot of her music is soothing, email me if you want some specific songs.
Christian people that aren't so much soothing, but ALL songs have GREAT messages : Superchick. They are my fave band!
Update on the Zuni and the Jord - I miss your blogs!
Hey, it's time for an update! what is happening with the lad? Is everything ok???
So is the next post going to be Jordan's homecoming??
Seriously, another post - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! It can even be about your furry daughter (Abby).
UM REMEMBER HOW YOUR LAST POST WAS A YEAR AGO???? IF I DON'T GET TO SEE YOU IN PERSON (SINCE YOU SKIP OUT ON ALL FAMILY FUNCTIONS) YOU NEED TO AT LEAST UPDATE YOUR BLOG.
YES, I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM YELLING AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!
She's avoiding you
Post a Comment